Thursday, June 9, 2016

Mastering is Complete and sounds Amazing

So, one thing you should never, ever do is master your own music...

I did!

And then I pressed 100 cds and then... it sounded so bad I had to throw those 100 cds in the trash! When your life partner listens to the newly MASTERED music and says, "Hm... I'm just going to adjust the bass... Nope, that wasn't it maybe the treble is off... hm... nope...hm."

Then you know you're deeply fxcked.

And then when the president of your label calls you and has listened to 10 seconds of the newly MASTERED music and says, "What the fxck is this bullshxt?! Redo it, fix it! Holy fxck attack! No radio on the planet is going to play this shxt!" Then hangs up abruptly. You really know you fxcked up...

100 of these recycled... But hey 100 new ones on the way!

I then called Eric Williamson at IndiePool (who pressed the 100 cds) and humbly explained that I screwed up and would need ACTUAL mastering done.

Well, I just got it yesterday: played it in the car, the bad stereo, the good stereo, the mini speaker, the iphone, and the head phones. Sounds amazing. And I know because MY mastering sounded like garbage on everything 'cept headphones... So there you have it.

----------------------------------------
I have to thank Eric so much for his quick responses, patience and understanding and Indiepool for being a low cost solution to my big problems. God damn, pay for the mastering...

Yes, I will shamelessly plug these helpful people called http://indiepool.ca/ for many reasons plus the ones cited above. I look forward to working with them in the future 'cause they so damn nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment